Our Third Engineers work within the engineering department onboard our fleet of large cable lay vessels operating worldwide. The Third Engineer will work alongside other members of the engineering department to ensure the safe and efficient running of machinery and equipment onboard.
The actual work from project to project may be in the fields of undersea telecommunications cable, submarine power cable or within oil and gas sector.
If you’re looking to apply for the role, simply fill in the form and attach the latest copy of your CV.
- Engine room watchkeeping duties
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of the machinery and equipment which they have been allocated
- Overhaul and maintenance work
- Undertake emergency duties as required
- Record and log keeping
- Training and development of junior engineers and cadets
- UK EOOW (Unlimited) Certificate of Competency (or UK CEC)
- STCW Training Certification
- Valid ENG1 Medical Certification (or equivalent)
- HV Certification (Operational)
- US C1/D Visa
- Experience working as a Third Engineer
- UK Second Engineer Certificate of Competency or UK CEC)
- Experience working on offshore vessels
- Shipboard Safety Officer Certification