Multi Skilled Technicians required to train as Systems Technicians for worldwide opportunities. The role requires candidates to have suitable technical qualifications in electrical and mechanical engineering preferably educated to either City and Guilds or NVQ level 3. HNC in mechanics, electronics, electrical or equivalent with good colour vision. The career prospects in this expanding and important field are excellent.
Training will be undertaken at Global Marine’s head office in Chelmsford, United Kingdom at our specialist school for Universal Jointing.
The actual work from project to project may be in the fields of undersea telecommunications cable, submarine power cable or within oil and gas sector.
If you’re looking to apply for the role, simply fill in the form and attach the latest copy of your CV.
To develop into Systems Technician role assisting as and where requested by the Chief Cable/Subsea Engineer.
To complete both Subsea and jointing competencies as specified within the training logbooks.
To carry out the following training:
- ROV Pilot / Maintenance Training
- UJ/EUJ Jointer training
- Basic IT skill training
To study and become competent in the main duties of a System Technician. Duties including but not limited to the following:
- Piloting (under supervision) the submersible and carrying out submersible tool handling procedures.
- Familiarity with pre and post dive checks, on deck servicing, faultfinding and preventative maintenance.
- Familiarity with GM submersible operating procedures.
- Familiarity with principles of all safety aspects of the submersible and umbilical handling systems.
- Knowledge of submersible electrical power and safety precautions.
- Log operational data and be familiar with the format.
- Following procedures for drawing and recording usage of stores.
- Familiarity with duties relating to company procedures, policies, work permits and instructions, particularly in respect of the Code of Safe Working Practices, Company Safety and Environmental policy.
- Performance of optical fibre jointing including radiography to required specifications.
- Perform maintenance and testing on all jointing and x-ray equipment.
- Assisting in control of all onboard x-ray materials, tooling, consumables and piece part kits.
- Undertake watch-keeping duties in cable working areas and operations control room as and when required.
- Testing of all stock cable.
- Perform practice joints as per company quality control requirements.
Chief Cable/Subsea Engineer