To develop into Systems Technician role assisting as and where requested by the Chief Cable/Subsea Engineer.
- To complete both Subsea and jointing competencies as specified within the training logbooks.
- To carry out the following training:
- ROV Pilot / Maintenance Training
- UJ/EUJ Jointer training
- Basic IT skill training
- To study and become competent in the main duties of a System Technician. Duties including but not limited to the following:
- Piloting (under supervision) the submersible and carrying out submersible tool handling procedures.
- Familiarity with pre- and post-dive checks, on deck servicing, fault-finding and preventative maintenance. Familiarity with GM submersible operating procedures.
- Familiarity with principles of all safety aspects of the submersible and umbilical handling systems.
- Knowledge of submersible electrical power and safety precautions.
- Log operational data and be familiar with the format.
- Following procedures for drawing and recording usage of stores.
- Familiarity with duties relating to company procedures, policies, work permits and instructions, particularly in respect of the Code of Safe Working Practices, Company Safety and Environmental policy.
- Performance of optical fibre jointing, including radiography to required specifications.
- Perform maintenance and testing on all jointing and x-ray equipment.
- Assisting in control of all onboard x-ray materials, tooling, consumables and piece part kits. Undertake watch-keeping duties in cable working areas and operations control room as and when required.
- Testing of all stock cable.
- Perform practice joints as per company quality control requirements.
Chief Cable/Subsea Engineer
Promotion criteria & required competence
- Possesses the required competencies for this rank as detailed within the Fleet HR System
Certification & training
- Possesses the required certification and valid training as detailed within the Fleet HR System
- ENG1 medical or equivalent
- US C1D visa (if available)
- Valid passport
- Fully vaccinated (COVID)
Graduates are welcomed – training will be provided